An Unforgettable Experience
Do you enjoy communicating with people and learning new things? Are you interested in Prague and the stories of its buildings? Do you want to dedicate your time to a meaningful and fulfilling activity and experience something extraordinary at the same time? Then you’re exactly who we’re looking for!
Join our volunteer program and help us open the city. Become a part of an organization that aims to explain the architecture around us and the place where we live. If you like architecture and design and you’re interested in the public space, that means you’re our person. Selfless acts of help are very fulfilling, have you ever tried it? Without our volunteers, the festival would never be able to happen and grow. Join us! The application form for Open House Prague 2024 can be found below.
Note: The application form linked above is in Czech. You can use the Chrome Translator to fill out the application.
Why Join Us?
- You can experience the festival from a completely different perspective.
- You’ll gain a lot experience, make memories, and maybe even surpass yourself.
- You’ll meet a lot of new people and friends, who you can see regularly as part of the entire volunteer program.
- You’ll become a part of one of the biggest cultural events in Prague, one that has an international significance.
- Throughout the year, you’ll get invited to tours of selected buildings and other events.
- You’ll learn fascinating details about Prague architecture and enter usually inaccessible buildings.
- You’ll get a t-shirt from our limited edition of apparel and a copy of our printed guide.
- We’ll provide you with delicious refreshments.
- You’ll get a reference from us about your volunteer work.
- We’ll invite you to the festival afterparty.
- But most of all, if you volunteer in any kind of way, it’ll be an enriching experience for yourself!
How can you help us?
Anyone can become a volunteer. Our volunteer program connects people across generations; your age or profession doesn’t matter. What’s important is your enthusiasm and reliability.
What are the most commong roles of volunteers?
- They help us coordinate the traffic in the open buildings during the festival weekend.
- They guide tours for the public, children, or people with disabilities (the deaf, the blind).
- They take care of visitors during the festival’s accompanying program as well as events that take place throughout the year.
- Experienced volunteers lead teams of volunteers and make sure that everyone is happy.
- They provide photos and videos from the event.
- They are involved in the festival preparations – they create and corrects texts about the buildings, help with small administration tasks, distribute posters and other promotional materials around Prague.
- They inform visitors, sell our merchandise and the festival guide in the information center and make sure that it operates smoothly.
Still can’t decide? Any questions?
You can contact our coordinator of volunteers Renáta Hajnová, who will gladly answer your questions.
+420 721 715 054
Renáta started out as a volunteer in the open buildings, and as she says herself, the atmosphere and experiences were so infectious that it made her go even further. 🙂 Eventually, she started leading an entire team of volunteers and now handles the entire volunteer program.