Žižkov is a very distinctive and special district of Prague. A walk through its lower part will show how it has developed since the middle of the 19th century, and on what roots its genius loci stands. We will talk about the urban planning of this residential area and we will show you some of the oldest local houses as well as the most important ones from a social and historic point of view. We will also visit the local Bethlehem Chapel – a modest but impressive modernist building with cubist elements, which is hidden in an inner courtyard of a tenement house near the Žižkov Town Hall.
- The meeting point is U Božích bojovníků 3 street – a quiet and short cul-de-sac perpendicular to the Husitská street.
- The telephone contact for the guide will be indicated on the ticket in case of emergency.
- The expected duration of the event is approx. 90 minutes.
- The capacity of the group is limited, tickets can only be purchased in advance.
- The tour guide will be Michal Šedivý. The guide will not wear a protective face mask/respirator during the commented tour (as government regulations allow).
- The organizer kindly asks all participants of this event to be attentive to other visitors and to follow current valid government regulations against the spread of Covid-19 during the tour.
- In case of low interest, the organizer reserves the right to cancel the tour no later than 48 hours before the event. Buyers will be contacted and information will be published on the organizer’s website.