The walk through the villa district in Bubeneč will introduce you to the residences of one of the richest families in pre-war Europe. The Petschek family members owned more than a dozen houses in Bubeneč, some of them designed by architect Max Spielmann. You will learn how the individual members of the Petschek family lived, as well as a number of other interesting facts about them; eg. their marriage strategy across generations or how the Czechoslovak Socialist Republic compensated for the post-war confiscation of their property in the 1980s. We will also show you a secret path leading through the district.
Would you like to give somebody the architectural experience from our tours as a gift?
Use our gift vouchers!
- The meeting place is at the small triangular area by the crossing of three streets: Pelleova, Jaselská & Pod Kaštany (50.0993406N, 14.4068811E).
- The guide’s telephone number will be indicated on the ticket for emergency cases.
- The tour will be guided by Michal Šedivý.
- The expected duration of the event is approx. 90 minutes.
- The capacity of the group is limited, tickets can only be purchased in advance.
- We take photographs and/or video footage at selected events for purposes of documentation and promotion. More details can be found here.