The first of the walks through the Bubeneč villa area will introduce you to the conservative owners of the grand houses located along a former farm called Zátorka. We will hear not only stories of the most important entrepreneurs of the 1st Czechoslovak Republic but also stories of unknown families who had lived here before WWII. Visitors will see (from outside) the villa of Rudolf Slánský, the right hand of our 1st communist president Klement Gottwald who ordered Slánský’s execution per instructions from Josip Stalin. Then we will come the villa of the 2nd president Edvard Beneš and also the famous villa Bianca designed by one of our most important architects, Jan Kotěra, student of Austrian genius Otto Wagner who was one of the founders of the artnouveau style in Central Europe. We will hear about the lives of people who lived here, and they will also find out who was behind the foundation of the Holešovice Exhibition area or the Museum of Decorative Arts.
- The meeting place is by the crossing of two streets – U Vorlíků and Pod Kaštany – on the sidewalk at the corner close to the crosswalk.
- The telephone contact for the guide will be indicated on the ticket for cases of emergency.
- The expected duration of the event is approx. 90 minutes.
- The tour will be guided by Michal Šedivý.
- The capacity of the group is limited, tickets can only be purchased in advance.
- We take photographs and/or video footage at selected events for purposes of documentation and promotion. More details can be found here.