You are invited to explore one of the world’s biggest stadiums ever built! The special guided tour in English will take you to the presidential lounge, west grandstand, or amazing passageways. You will learn about the long history of this concrete giant, which was built for displays of synchronized gymnastics called Spartakiada and also hosted concerts or military parades. Since 2003 the stadium has been listed as a cultural monument of the Czech Republic. At the end of the tour, you will have an opportunity to climb up 130 stairs into the original Gate of Champions, where you can enjoy amazing views of the whole stadium.
- The meeting place is in front of the entrance to the Great Strahov Stadium, which is located at the connecting bridge with the Evžen Rošický Stadium. The address is Zátopkova 100/2, Praha 6. Entry by car to the parking lot in front of the entrance (and under the bridge) is possible for free.
- The telephone contact for the guide will be indicated on the ticket in case of emergency.
- The expected duration of the event is approx. 90 minutes.
- The tour will be guided by Tomáš Bílý.
- In selected areas, it is necessary to follow all safety precautions with regards to the condition of the building and follow the instructions of the guide. Entrance to the stadium is at participants’ own risk. We recommend appropriate, preferably sport or hiking boots, due to the irregular surface (heels or high platforms are not allowed).
- Entry with animals is not allowed.
- The capacity of the group is limited, tickets can only be purchased in advance.
- We take photographs and/or make video footage at selected events for purposes of documentation and promotion. More details can be found here.
Comments are closed here.