The walk through the villa district in Bubeneč will introduce you to the residences of one of the richest families in pre-war Europe. The Petschek family members owned more than a dozen houses in Bubeneč, some of them designed by architect Max Spielmann. You will learn how the individual members of the Petschek family lived, as well as a number of other interesting facts about them; eg. their marriage strategy across generations or how the Czechoslovak Socialist Republic compensated for the post-war confiscation of their property in the 1980s. We will also show you a secret path leading through the district.
- The meeting place is at the neo-gothic gate to Stromovka (Royal Game Reserve) close to the main entrance to the Russian ambassador’s residence in Boris Nemtsov Square, GPS 50.1043606N, 14.4136400E.
- The guide’s telephone number will be indicated on the ticket in case of an emergency.
- The tour will be guided by Michal Šedivý.
- The expected duration of the event is approx. 90 minutes.
- The capacity of the group is limited, tickets can only be purchased in advance.
- The guide will not wear a protective face mask/respirator during the commented tour (as government regulations allow).
- The organizer kindly asks all participants of this event to be considerate towards other visitors and to follow current valid government regulations against the spread of Covid-19 during the tour.
- In case of low interest, the organizer reserves the right to cancel the tour no later than 48 hours before the event. Ticket holders will be contacted and information will be published on the organizer’s website.
Note: Due to great interest we have add another tour on November 27 and December 5th.