With Open House Praha you are invited to explore one of the world’s biggest stadiums ever built. The special commented tours in English will take you to the presidential lounge, west grandstand, or amazing walkaways. You will find out about the long history of this concrete giant which was built for displays of synchronized gymnastics called Spartakiada but also hosted concerts or military parades. Since 2003 the stadium has been listed as a cultural monument of the Czech Republic. At the end of the tour, you will have an opportunity to climb up 130 stairs into the original Gate of Champions, where you can enjoy amazing views of the whole stadium.
Although we are an apolitical cultural organization, the situation in Ukraine weighs on us and we would like to help. We have therefore decided to donate the proceeds from this event to the SOS Ukraine public fundraiser run by People in Need. #cultureforukraine
- The meeting place is in front of the entrance of the Great Strahov Stadium, which is located at the connecting bridge with the Evžen Rošický Stadium. The address is Zátopkova 100/2, Praha 6. Entry by car to the parking lot in front of the entrance (and under the bridge) is possible, parking is free. The telephone contact for the guide will be indicated on the ticket in case of emergency.
- The expected duration of the event is approx. 90 minutes.
- The tour guide will be Petra Kotěšovcová.
- In selected areas, it is necessary to follow all safety precautions with regards to the condition of the building and follow the instructions of the guide. Entrance to the stadium is at participants’ own risk. The organizers recommend appropriate, preferably sport or hiking boots, due to the irregular surface (heels or high platforms are not allowed).
- Entry with animals is not allowed.
- The capacity of the group is limited, tickets can only be purchased in advance.
- The organizer kindly asks all participants of this event to be attentive to other visitors and to follow current valid government regulations against the spread of Covid-19 during the tour. Please carry with you a confirmation of freedom from infection. Thank you!
Comments are closed here.